Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 179: Busy weekend

Well, I got that festering anger out of my system yesterday and I was able to focus and get through the rest of my day. I had a good bit of texting with one of my friends last night. I was supposed to go to a party, but it got put of until next week, so I went out to my favorite Karaoke bar and had some fun. I sang four songs. I was going to do 6, but after number 4, I got tired and went home. I sang two of my standards, Bad to the Bone and It's a Sin and then I added in One and Everybody. I don't do One very often because it's long and has a 90 second intro and a 90 second instrumental right in the middle. Even a short version is 5 minutes and the standard version is 7 minutes. Both of those went off without a hitch and I had people telling me to sing louder on Everybody. I was a little nervous about Everybody because I've never sung that one before at Karaoke. Fortunately, I know it well enough that it went off without a hitch. I also had more than a few ladies flirting with me, and that felt really good.

Today I cleaned up my place because one of my friends came over and then we went to a going away party for my friend Steve. He's moving back to New York next week and I didn't want to miss the party. The food was good (what I could eat of it) and she and I had fun just talking and joking with each other. Some of the people there haven't seen me in a long while and they were all saying how good I'm looking now. I love hearing that. I'm starting to suspect that my mental condition is really directly affecting my weight loss. If I'm in physical or emotional pain, I lose slower. When I'm feeling up and generally good about myself, I lose faster. The week after my reunion I lost 6 pounds. The week after my kidney stone, I gained a pound. I've had mostly a good week, so I'll check my weight on Monday and see if there is any corresponding result between weight loss and my mental state.

Bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment