Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 189: Planning for Halloween

I know, you're probably thinking "Huh? WTH is he talking about?" To put this in perspective, I love Halloween. I love the costumes and parties and even taking the kids trick or treating. But I hate most of the "plus sized" costumes that are available. Truthfully, I hate a lot of the store costumes out there and I prefer building my own costumes for specific characters. Last year, I did "Neo" from the Matrix. The year before I did Malcolm Reynolds from Firefly. This year, I'm considering doing either Doc Holliday or Wyatt Earp from Tombstone. Or maybe something completely original like a Steampunk (Google it) Scientist/Explorer. The point being that I can buy costume pieces without getting some horrendous plus sized costume or dropping a small fortune on clothing. Plus, if I make smart purchases, I can use the parts in other outfits during the year.

Now I have to decide, do I buy the pieces here and there at what ever size I am at the time or do I buy them assuming for a smaller size come Halloween. It's a dangerous mistake to make. If I buy them too big, the effect will be thrown off. If I buy them too small, then I might not be able to use them for Halloween. I guess I'll figure that out shortly.

See y'all later.



No comments:

Post a Comment