Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 195: Monday weigh in and a prayer

Monday morning and time for the weigh in. Grand loss of 4/10ths of a pound. Ah well, any loss is a good thing.

More importantly, I just got word that an old friend of mine is in the hospital with a second degree sunburn. She's going to be there for about 3 weeks. I'm sending out a prayer for her rapid recovery. If any of you, my loyal readers, would join me in the prayer, I would appreciate it.

Dear Lord,
You know my friend/family member so much better than I do. You know her sickness and the burden she carries. You also know her heart. Lord, I ask you to be with my friend now as you work in her life. Lord, let your will be done in my friend's life.

Lord, I pray for my friend just as your Word tells me to pray, for healing. I believe you hear this earnest prayer from my heart and that it is powerful because of your promise. I have faith in you, Lord, to heal my friend, but I also trust in the plan you have for her life.

Lord, I don't always understand your ways. I don't know why my friend has to suffer, but I trust you. I ask that you look with mercy and grace toward my friend. Nourish her spirit and soul in this time of suffering and comfort her with your presence.

Let my friend know you are there with her through this difficulty. Give her strength. And may you, through this difficulty, be glorified in her life and also in mine.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment