Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 101: Reload!

As promised, this blog will focus on my weight loss journey, not my personal issues. If needed, I'll start a new blog to cover that.

I thought that today I would go over my daily intakes and exercise regimen for those who might be wondering what I'm doing to consistently lose my weight.

My breakfast consists of an 8 ounce protein shake made with GNC's Wheybolic Extreme 60 vanilla flavor powder and Almond milk. The vanilla has a good flavor and the almond milk adds essential fats to the mix which I need. The Wheybolic Extreme 60 powder adds 40 grams of protein and 180 calories.The unsweetened almond milk I use adds 60 calories and 1 gram of protein. Total protein intake: 41 grams. Total calories: 240 calories. This is also when I take the multitude of supplements that I need. By taking them with the shake, the shake coats my stomach and makes it easier for my stomach to tolerate the supplements.

Midmorning I take half of a protein shot. I use the protica Profect 50. Half of that shot is 25 grams of protein and 100 calories. It also provides a slew of necessary nutrients, including vitamin c and biotin.

Midmorning is also my first walk. I take a brisk 10-12 minute walk around the perimeter of my office.

Lunch is 4 ounces of greek yogurt with a tablespoon each of Chia seeds and Pure protein powder. The Chia seeds provide fiber and when they expand, help to fill me up. Total protein intake: 15 grams. Calorie intake: 100 calories. I also take another walk after eating.

Midafternoon is the other half of the protein shot and another walk.

Dinner varies a bit, and I don't worry the calories so much as the protein intake. It's usually between 10 and 20 grams of protein.

Some days I will go work out. The workout consists of bicep curls, tricep pulldowns, lat pull downs, and bench/shoulder presses. I usually do 3 sets of 15 from 30-50 pounds on each exercise. This is one of the things where the number of sets is more important than the actual weight involved. A longer workout burns more calories. I finish the workout with a 20-30 minute walk on the treadmill.

The end of the day involves some kind of snack, either a Yoplait dessert yogurt of a frozen fruit bar. The dessert yogurt is 100 calories and 5 grams of protein. The frozen fruit bars range from 80 to 120 calories and 0 to 3 grams of protein.

So my total protein intake ranges from 126 to 141 grams of protein per day and about 600-700 calories. My exercise ranges from 30 to 90 minutes. I've been very lucky in that I haven't stalled yet and I have had decent losses per week.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome work Shawn! Keep it up! Your determination and enthusiasm is motivating me! You rock!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as its working for you, keep on doing what you're doing. You rock!

    ReplyDelete