Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 85: Support Group night!

I went to the second actual support group meeting tonight and it was packed with pre and post op patients. Sleeve, bypass, band. We were all in there. One guy just had his surgery 4 days ago and he's lost 12 pounds so far. Some people that were in there saw me at the last meeting and the exact phrase used was, "You're just melting away!" Some people that were there are 2 or more years out and they have lost 160 or more pounds. I haven't lost as much, but for being 12 weeks post op, I'd say I'm doing spectacularly well. The support group was good, but it was long. About a half-hour longer than I was expecting. But it's all good.

I wore my new jacket today. It fits me really well and is very flattering on me. Everyone at work liked it and the people at the support group liked it. I apparently made a very good choice in buying that jacket. It makes my shoulders and arms look bulkier and makes my waist look smaller. Win all around. Yay me!

Something that almost everyone has been noticing is that I've got this whole super happy energy flowing from me. Everyone mentions that I look very happy and that I'm putting out a very positive and pleasant vibe. I guess they like being around it. I wish a certain someone would spend more time around me and pick up on my positive vibes so she would feel better. Oh well.

Nothing else to say tonight, so I'm logging out now.

Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment