Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 82: Saturday and a new offering...

I know, it's actually Sunday when I posted this. I'm going to post again later today. Between Spring cleaning my condo and then prepping to go out tonight, I completely forgot about the blog. Sorry, loyal readers. As I said, I'll post again later today to catch up.

I decided kind of last minute to go out to my favorite karaoke bar tonight to have some fun. It was after eight and I just said "Do it." So I went out. The crowd was kind of small tonight, but they were interactive with the singers, so that's always a good thing. I did my two standards, "Bad to the Bone" and "It's a Sin" and then finished my set for the night with "Weekend in New England". You're probably thinking "One of these things just doesn't belong here". Well, in terms of genre and style, you would be right. In terms of performance, it fits in perfectly. Weekend in New England starts of kind of quiet and gentle but the crescendo builds and you have to shift into full power to really nail the emotion in the piece. If you try to soft sing it all the way through it really loses it's impact. I have to watch the soft points because my control with soft voice isn't where it could be. Power points I can hit it and hold, but the softer points require me to really focus my control so I don't lose the tempo or pitch and worse, shift suddenly from low to high in the middle of the song.

So my condo is cleaned and I got out to have some fun and relax tonight. It's all good for me. I got all my water and protein in today and a little exercise from my walk to the post box. Monday I restart my workout routine in earnest now that we're done with OT at work. Tuesday is going to be one of my non-workout days this week since I have a support group meeting that night. I hope that the people at the group meeting have had some success with their weight loss. Sometimes I feel bad that I have lost so much so fast when some people are struggling with it. But then I remember that the experience is going to be different for everyone and I just let go.

See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment