Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 81: FRIDAY! Also April Fools Day....

Hallelujah, the weekend is here. I've worked so much OT this week that today's hours are pure OT for me. My next check is going to be nice. Perfect timing for my birthday on the 14th of this month. I sent out invites to a large number of people, of which I have received 4 confirmations. Anyone that got an official email invite that doesn't bother responding, I'm not even bothering contacting ever again. I'm not wasting my time on people that can't acknowledge a simple email, especially supposed friends. The ones that show officially get tagged in my book as best friends since they took the time to be there to celebrate with me. If they acknowledge my birthday with an email wishing me a happy birthday, they will be tagged as friends. A belated email gets tagged as friendly acquaintance. No response whatsoever gets tagged as I know who you are, but I'm not bothering to keep you in my life any more. It seems kind of sad, but maybe that's the way it has to be in a new life. Some people go, some stay. Old pastimes get replaced with new pastimes. Old habits get replaced with new.

For the record, I've never really cared for April Fool's Day. It always struck me as a day for justified cruelty. Most pranks are nothing more than that, but it's ok on April Fool's day. Seems hypocritical to me. Playing nasty tricks on people that you wouldn't want done to you is ok this one day of the year.

Bobo is a little irritated today, but oh well. I've learned to live with it. Good days and bad days will happen. Just gotta go with the flow. Doing good on water and protein today, and I have an invite to a party tonight so I'll be heading out tonight for some fun.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment