Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 91: Monday's weigh in!

Woke up and got on the scale this morning after my Monday mantra: "Any loss is good, a stall is acceptable, gain is NOT acceptable." And yes, I do emphasize it that way. I cleared my eyes, stepped up and what did I see? Body weight of 302 lbs. That's a 7 pound loss from last week, 91 pounds since the surgery 13 weeks ago, and an overall loss of 118 pounds since I started this journey. Yay me and a big HOOOOOOOORAH! I'm feeling great and I'm getting there,week by week. It's a journey for sure, and it takes time and patience (and more than a little dedication) but it is SO worth it! I've been battling with my weight all of my life and I'm finally winning the battle. I'm a warrior by nature, so losing this battle was not an option at any point. I just needed the right weapon in my arsenal and the sleeve is that weapon.

There is another battle that I'm in right now, but no weapon in my arsenal can help me win this one. I can't guarantee a win, no matter what I do. I can keep on fighting, possibly for nothing, but I can't give up yet. Not while there's a chance I can win in the end. Every so often, I perceive a little something. A turn of phrase, a tone in the voice, a certain look in the eye. It's not a lot, but it tells me that it's not done yet. As long as as I have a chance, I will not give up. Sometimes to win the war you have to retreat from the battlefield and let the other side do as they will while you watch and wait for the chance you need. Now I'm watching and waiting. Time to tighten the bootlaces, strap on the gear, lock and load the rifle and start the march. Metaphorically speaking.

But that battle is a long way from being over. A long way. I'm putting the team into reserve until needed.

Move out!

No comments:

Post a Comment