Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 84: Monday weigh in et al!

Stepped onto the scales this morning and I lost another 5 pounds this week. That makes my body weight 309 pounds. That makes a total weight loss of 111 pounds since I started this whole project back last thanksgiving. 27 pounds between Thanksgiving and January 10th and 84 pounds since the surgery January 10th. 84 pounds in 12 weeks is amazing. I felt really good about that this morning. With my weight loss at 111 pounds, I have reached one of my primary goals for this task, and that's I have hit my halfway mark of total weight loss. With my ultimate goal of 200 pounds and a start weight of 420, once I hit 110 pounds lost, I'm at my 50 percent point. My next goal is 299 pounds so I can be in the twofers. I'm going to really hit my workouts and walking this week and hopefully I'll hit that 299 by next week. I might be hoping for a bit on that, but I think it's doable. If I can hit 293 by my birthday, I would be ecstatic. That would be 100 pounds lost since the surgery. I think that's reaching too far, honestly. But I'm gonna give it a try.

I had my three month check up with the surgeon today and they are very pleased with the weight loss and my health in general. They said to watch my water intake and protein and to make sure I get my vitamins. Not a problem for me. So I don't see them again for 3 months unless I need to get something checked before that. I don't much like weighing in coming from work, though. I usually have at least 6 pounds of clothing on for work between my slacks and my work shirt. At home I tend to weigh in au naturel, but I don't think the surgeons office would take kindly to me giving them the complete monty just to weigh in. Oh well.

After that I had to go to the mall (much as I hate it) to get a minor repair done on my glasses and pick up some more protein shake mix from GNC. After that I went to JCPenney to get another pair of workout shorts, which I will have to return because I pulled a Duh! moment and went by the size on the hanger instead of actually checking the label inside the shorts. Then I went over to the Kai Fight shop, one of the places I like to buy some of my fitted tshirts from because I like the MMA designs a lot. They have had a jacket in there that I have had my eye on for the last few months, and I've lost enough weight to actually wear it now. When I went in and looked at it, the lady behind the counter told me that all of the jackets were 20 percent off of their marked price. Well, the jacket was marked 59.99, so I got it for about 48 dollars. A chunk of that was paid with the remnants of a gift card I got for winning a sales referral promotion at work last month so I paid less than 4o bucks for a jacket that originally sold for about 120. I like that.

Then I went home and hit the gym. Did 35 on the treadmill and left the weight training alone for now. Losing the weight is more important to me right now and the toning and building will be available later. I think to get the best results for that I will need a full on gym and a trainer. The more important part of going to the gym was the conversation I had with one of my neighbors. He asked what I had been doing to lose so much weight and I started talking about the surgery and everything else. In a very short time, I think we both realized that we have a potential for a good friendship. We're going to hang out some more later. He said, "You know, I think that you're real good people and that anyone that has spent any time with you has probably been blessed for sharing that time with you. You're gonna lose all your excess weight and get everything you want out of life."

I wasn't asking for a sign, but I'll be damned if that didn't feel like one. A new friend and a sign to remind me of what I'm wanting.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment