Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 107: Contemplations on the near future

I'm losing weight so rapidly that I'm well past where I thought I would be in June. I figured I would be at the 100 pound mark in June, but here it is still April and I'm at the 125 pound mark already. I keep expecting to stall out but it hasn't happened yet. I could conceivably make my goal weight without ever stalling out. My goal weight is only 95 pounds away now and that is really motivating me. I don't have a problem with eating the wrong things because my stomach rebels if I do. I get regular exercise and that feels great. I get all my protein and water which keeps me energized. I get plenty of sleep so I'm good to go there.

This whole thing is a journey that I'm making and it feels great right now. My mood swings are just par for the course, as is the hair loss. Both of those are temporary issues and they will go away in time. Things are going to change further and get better as I go along. My attitude is changing a bit as well. I'm more confident, but it's also tempered by patience. The one thing I've noticed is that my selflessness is now far more turned down. I've got a bit of selfishness going on right now and that's a good thing, I suppose. I have to put myself and my needs first, at least for a while. More importantly, I'm going to put some of my wants first from now on. Anybody that doesn't like that can just deal with it. I'm done bending over backwards for others. With the exception of my daughter, anyone else's wants or needs come second to my own. If I'm going to do something from now on it's going to be because I want to do it, not because someone else needs me to do it. And if I don't want to do it, I'm going to say "No". My friends will understand. Anybody that decides to take offense at my decision can just stay out of my life. If they think their wants or needs are more important than my own, they are wrong. Period. And if I do decide to put their needs first, you can bet that I'm going to want to be acknowledged for my actions.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment