Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 95: AAR on my birthday party and events from today

I got to the venue for my party last night about an hour or so early to get the tables set up for my party and to tip the DJ's for their efforts for the night. They know me and they took care of me and my friends just fine last night. Soon after that, she showed up. The first to show up for my birthday party and she was looking and smelling so good that my heart started racing. She saw me and her smile just lit up her face like the sun. We went to the table and sat down and waited for the rest of my guests to arrive. The first was my Mei-mei and her hubby. Mei-mei is her nickname I gave her a long time ago. It's Chinese for "Little Sister", which is how she has been for me over the last few years. Her hubby is a good guy as well, but he's always going to be Bob to me. The next was my friend Tomara and her fiance' Rob. Tomara and I work for the same company, just in different departments. The last to show was my buddy Harry. Harry has always been a little out there, but he's a good friend and I was glad to see him show up for my party.

The Karaoke started with me doing "It's a Sin" and it was one of my better performances. Probably because she was there and loving the performance. Then I did "Lady" by Kenny Rogers and during the performance I walked right out to sing directly to her. It embarrassed her a little, but I could see how much she enjoyed the attention. My third one was "Bad to the Bone" and since that's my theme song, I was spot on with that one. After that, Mei-mei and Bob left, followed by Tomara and Rob, leaving just me, Harry and Her. My last song was "Weekend in New England" and that was spot on again since it was for her. She knew it, too. Harry left after that and She and I went outside to say our goodbyes. We hugged goodbye and I don't think either one of us really wanted to let go, but we had to. It's not time yet. Not yet.

So I went to sleep about 130 in the morning and woke up at 6am. No alarms, the ambient daylight bled in and hit my eyes waking me up and pissing me off. Rather than fighting it, I got up and had my protein shake and watched the news. Then I went to the DMV to get my license updated, new address and new picture. Then I went home and watched some Band of Brothers before going to see my Doctor. My doctor is thrilled with the weight loss, but he said my cholesterol and iron are too high, my B12 and testosterone are too low and he wants me to start using my sleep machine again before he's going to give me anything to boost my testosterone. So now I have to find a way to learn to sleep with it again. Damn it.

So now I'm going to get ready and head out for some fun tonight. I don't know where I'm going yet, but I'm going to do something fun.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment