Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 108: Darn it,late again!

Sorry, loyal readers. I had my daughter with me last night and we got distracted and I forgot to write the blog. So I'll do two today.

Just like people at work have noticed how little I eat, I've noticed how much a lot of them eat. Admittedly, they have normal sized stomachs and can eat as much as they do, but I didn't eat that much even before my surgery. Another thing I noticed is how sedentary most of them are. My breaks and at least half of my lunch is spent walking. Far less than 10 percent of my co-workers walk at all. Some go outside and smoke, a very small percentage walk, but most just sit at their desks or go into the break room to watch TV. I find that a little disturbing, mostly because they aren't exercising their minds or bodies. Admittedly, up until this last February, I wasn't any different other than I would read as opposed to just watch TV. I know I kind of sound like a workout Nazi saying all this, but some of these people I work with are close friends and a few could definitely benefit from working out more and a handful would definitely benefit from the surgery. I know the particular surgery I underwent is very hardcore and scary, and it's a very personal decision that requires an absolute dedication to a lifestyle change that a lot of people can't do. I just want my friends to get healthier. But I won't preach to them about it or make it a point of discussion. It has to be their decision.

If they do decide to get the surgery, I will happily support their decision and give them all the support they will need. I know one in particular is going to be scheduled for her surgery here next week and I'm very happy for her. I will provide any support she needs over the next few weeks and try to encourage her walking and later exercising.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment