Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 96: A reminder of why I HATE cholesterol meds.

So this morning I got up and had my protein shake and daily pills (mostly vitamins) and added the Simcor back in per my dr's instructions. Within two hours the flushing effect from the niacin was barreling full force across my body in the form of what appeared to be a rash. It doesn't last long, maybe two hours tops, but it's still annoying as hell and gives my skin a distinctive bright red glow for that two hours. Ugh.

I went to the Karaoke Bar last night and I was going to do 5 songs, but called it quits after my 4th because I could feel my strength level begin to drop because I had been too long without my protein. I did my standards of It's a Sin, Bad to the Bone and Weekend in New England but I added a new one to the repertoire: Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry. I had forgotten how fast that song really is until the song started. Once I got to the groove, I was able to keep up but the first couple of lines were way ahead of me. Woof. The 5th song I was going to do was Who wants to live forever by Queen, but I dropped out of the running about 20 minutes prior to going back up. The one nice thing about monitoring my protein levels as closely as I do is I know when I have to move out and get my protein levels back up. That's what happened right before midnight last night.

Tonight I'm considering heading down to The Revolver to have some non-karaoke fun. A little drinking, a little music, some people watching (well,woman watching at any rate) and maybe a little non-line dancing when they do that. We'll see.

Adios!

1 comment:

  1. Try taking your Rx at bedtime with a benadryl so you sleep through the reaction.

    ReplyDelete