Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 52: Thursday is nearly over

I'm noticing that I'm posting this later and later this week. I wonder why?

Today went pretty good, except that I forgot to grab a protein shot on my way to work, so I picked up a protein bar. While I was at the store, I also picked up a copy of muscle and fitness. I'm looking for some new ideas for working out and getting the most from my workouts. Boy, did I pick up the WRONG magazine. This mag is for the seriously hardcore bodybuilders and power lifters. I can't even imagine getting as big and ripped as these guys are. It's just insane.

Anyway, the protein bar gave me an extra 18g of protein for the day, which I needed today. After work I had to take my daughter to get a costume for school tomorrow. Some spirit day thing where she gets to dress up as her favorite storybook character. Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel? Not my daughter. She's been reading and watching anime for quite a while now. We lucked out and found a Full Metal Alchemist costume at the mall, and that's what she wanted.

I'm so proud.

I used tonight as one of my off days for working out. I allow myself two nights out of the week where I don't workout or even worry about it. I change this around each week so my body doesn't get to used to the routine. Shocking the body this way helps with weight loss. Same reason I swap around the exercise patterns when I do work out. I am seriously considering adding something completely new to the workout routine: Krav Maga. This is the same combat technique that is taught to the Israeli Defense Forces and it is brutal and lethal. No belts, no points, no competitions. Just pure, unadulterated combat. There's techniques in here that are banned by the MMA. Sounds like my kind of fighting.

I did get a bit of hope today regarding my test of faith I've referred to in the past. Just a little light at the end of the tunnel. It's not anywhere absolute, but my hope is alive. And a little hope is better than none.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment