Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 54: After Action report on my Friday night and a few contemplations...

The band was great, as usual. The change of venue meant that there were people to see that I normally don't see at this kind of thing, and some of them were...interesting, to say the least. A friend and I met up there and we had a blast just talking, dancing and having a good time. She chose to wear these boots that were really cute and set off her outfit perfectly,but about halfway through the show her feet started hurting. We finally cut it short about a half hour before the band ended and headed to the parking garage to go our separate ways and head for home. We really had a good time, and that's the whole point of going out, to have a good time.

I've been further considering my idea for a self-imposed non-dating social life. I'll go out to Karaoke, to bars, to parties, but I don't think I'll be actively pursuing one on one dating with anyone. I've got so many changes going on, physically, mentally and emotionally, that I don't think it would be fair to anyone to deal with me during this whirlwind. I think this is the best thing for me right now. I need to learn about all of these changes and adapt to accommodate them. When I'm ready and I feel more comfortable in my new body, I'll start dating again.

Who knows, maybe the universe will show me how to resolve my other complications going on right now in that same time frame.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment