Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 78: Sometimes the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing...

That sounds the beginning of a really dirty joke, doesn't it? Our management at work gave us no indication of whether we would have overtime today or not, so I erred on the side of caution and went in early this morning only to have my manager inform me that there was no overtime today. This does not mean I get off work early for coming in early, it means I have to work an extra hour. Not fun. Just once I wish they would come out and actually say "Hey, no overtime tomorrow." instead of making us guess and second guess. Argh.

Oh well, what doesn't kill us make us stronger. Or in this case, a little richer for the OT.

I still went and worked out tonight, the first time in a week. Felt good, but I took it easy and I'll ease my way back into my full on workout by the end of the week. Got all my protein in and I'm working on my water now. The water is the hardest part. When you can only hold 4 ounces at a time and you can't drink for a half hour before or after eating it makes getting that 80-100 ounces of water in a chore. [sigh]

Had a little flash of melancholy, but I let it go and focused on something else. I got a pre-invitation to my youngest niece's upcoming wedding. I can't really claim to be close to either of my nieces. I joined the service when they were very young and I really wasn't around to see them grow up except in the occasional picture from my sister. But she and I are very much alike, according to my sister. We're both Aries and we're both smart and sarcastic. We're also the toughest in the family as well as being the risk takers. I joined the service and went off to war when I was called. She met her fiancé playing an online game and when his family invited her to come to Wales to actually meet, she took a chance and went off. With my sister in tow, of course. The wedding is in September, so I have a few months to keep losing weight so I'll look good at the wedding. If I can keep up my current weight loss, I might actually be at my goal weight by then. I'm within 4 pounds of my 50 percent mark. If I can do 4 pounds per week between now and then, I could be at my goal weight or close to it by September. The only concern I have is do I plan to go Stag or do I ask someone along. If I ask someone...well, I know who I want to ask, but I don't think that would work so well, at least not right now. I could ask my ex-wife, she wouldn't mind going, but...no, bad idea. I'm thinking Stag is the only option right now. Ah well.

More things to consider for later. I'm going to just let things go for now and let them simmer.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment