Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 79: [FOXTROT]ing OVERTIME!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that's out of the way. More MO tomorrow and Friday. I'm...less than pleased with this development. It's a [FOXTROT]ing waste of time, especially for the online techs. Calls don't start until 8 am and they end at 5 pm, so we're useless before 8 or after 5. We don't get the training the offlines get, so we can't work their tickets. I really hate how short-sighted our upper management members are about this. Making us work OT doesn't solve the problem if we can't close the tickets.

Rant over, on with our regularly scheduled blog.

I noticed today that I have almost no dunlap on these slacks and jeans I've been wearing of late. I figure another couple of weeks and I'll be in a smaller size of pants, which suits me just fine. I may not have lost a lot of weight this last week, but I'm starting to melt the inches off and that works as well. My face is really starting to change with the weight loss, as well. Lose over a hundred pounds and things will change.

I get the feeling that something else is changing too. It feels like the dynamic between me and a certain person is undergoing a shift. That maybe, just maybe, there's a real possibility of a future for us in the future. Not back the way we were, but in a new way . Maybe the physical change is showing that things in the mind can change as well. Again, seeing each other in a new light. I don't have any sort of absolute certainty of this, but my faith is filled right now and again, things just feel different now.

A lyric from My Darkest Days' "Still Worth Fighting For" comes to mind:

Now that we know just who we are
Now that we’ve finally come this far
I’m ready for one more battle scar
‘Cause this is still worth fighting for

We'll see. We'll wait and see.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment