Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 63: Step on the scales!

It's Monday morning and it's time for my weekly weigh-in. I stepped on the scales after repeating my mantra "Any loss is good, a stall is acceptable, gain is not acceptable."

My scale shows that I have lost another 4 pounds this week. Honestly, I was hoping for more, expecting less, and it is not the lowest amount I have lost. More importantly, I have lost 70 pounds since my surgery and 97 pounds since I started this whole thing back last June. Looking at the big picture, I am doing remarkably well with this surgery and that is the important thing.

I'm going to start setting myself mini-goals in addition to my total goal weight of 200 pounds. My current mini-goal is 320 pounds. That will be a total weight loss of 100 pounds since last June. My next mini goal will be 300 pound just because it is a nice round number and then 293 pounds because that will be 100 pounds lost since my surgery.

I have to see my regular doctor today to get my lab results from just after the surgery and probably a shot or two. I can't wait to see their reactions to my weight loss. A friend of mine is getting herself psyched up for her surgery in a few weeks, and I really want her to have the kind of success that I have had with the surgery. It is going to have a huge positive impact in her life, like it has had in mine and I will do everything in my power to help her succeed.

Based on my weight loss this week, I'm going to hold off on any further Krav Maga classes until I get below 300 pounds. My original exercise plan works just fine, and I think if I lose more weight, I'll be better suited for the KM classes and calisthenics.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment