Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 59: The sunrise

Someone very close to me sent me this photo of the sunrise this morning. This photo motivated...no, inspired me to write the following poem. This is something very different from most of my poetry, which was written from a place of pain. This is written from a place of hope. I hope you all enjoy it...

Sunrise in my soul/Banishing the darkness

I saw a picture today, a picture of the sunrise.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
That picture perfectly described
How I feel when I'm with you.
The light inside me rises up and
I can feel the glow in my heart shining bright as the sun.

The light shines and reduces
The darkness inside me to mere shadows.
Dispersing the fog of missing you with its warm caress.
Chasing away the things that go bump in the night,
With a choir of Angels that rise with the morning glow.
Singing a heavenly song to overwhelm the dirge of the darkness.

What I feel for you makes all of this happen,
But it never lasts long enough after I leave you.
A few hours, perhaps a day.
And then my light starts to set,
Recalling the Angels and permitting the dark to take it's place
Until I see you again.

And the sunrise in my soul banishes the darkness...





No comments:

Post a Comment