Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 50: Tuesday and we're off again

So I made myself get up early and walk to the gym only to find out they have the damn door deadbolted from 10PM to 8AM. Well, I got some extra walking in, so that was good. I did get my walks in at work. I noticed that I'm getting colder easier now. Probably because I'm losing my insulating layer of fat...

Our director at work came in for a visit and mentioned that I was looking really good and happy now, happier than he had ever seen me. I honestly never thought he paid that much attention to us drones. Anyway, it was nice to be noticed.

I had to go to GNC to pick up my protein shake mix and I went ahead and just picked up the small canister this time. Next time I might go ahead and pick up the big mother canister and see how long it lasts me.

Went to my first support group meeting for this surgery. I had a couple of friends there, so it wasn't too lonely feeling and I wasn't by myself. After hearing everybody else's story, I realized that I really am a "results not typical" patient. My weight loss is much higher in comparison and far faster and I haven't had any stalls or complications. I'm really lucky in that regard. I'm hoping my luck and dedication holds out and I can keep going like I am.

One last thought. I discovered tonight, that with all my talent and skill with words, sometimes the simplest statements have the greatest impact of them all. Provided they are true and spoken from the heart.

Xaire...

1 comment:

  1. Kind words, true and from the heart, aren't abound the way they should be. I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete