Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 75: Prepping for more overtime tomorrow...

Much as I hate OT during the week...well, anytime, really...the management asked for volunteers for OT this weekend so I volunteered for a 4 hour shift tomorrow that will probably turn into 8 hours. I figured based on last week's 10 hours of OT plus 8 tomorrow and then another 2 on Monday, I'll be sitting on 20 hours of OT minimum on my next paycheck, which is worth about 500 extra dollars. I only volunteered for 4 in case I get fed up and walk out after 4 hours.

Today was busy from the time I got up. I had to make sure my daughter was ready to go because we were meeting her mom to get their passports taken care of for a trip in July. We had to go to three different places to get the damn pictures and then to the post office for the passports. The wait time there was too long so we went to lunch, then to my daughter's music lesson , then back to the post office. I ended up spending too much time with my ex-wife today. It always stresses me out to be around her too long. We start talking about things that I want left in the past and she insists on bringing up. I have enough drama in my life right now without dredging up more from the past, TYVM! But we got the passports taken care of, so that's one thing I don't have to worry about.

On a brighter note, I had no bouts of melancholy this week and no doubts about anything going on, so that was good. I started making plans for my 42nd birthday which is rapidly approaching. As in less than three weeks rapidly approaching. Before I always hoped someone else would plan a party for me, but when I realized that I can make my own plans and have the kind of party I want, I decided to make my own list and invite the people I want there. Those that make it, great. If they don't make it or don't even acknowledge the invitation, I know who I can just drop from my list of friends and not worry about them anymore. I figure if they can't acknowledge my birthday, I don't need to acknowledge them at all. Time for new friends to go along with my new life. In the geek world I normally frequent, the number 42 is the answer to everything, so I'm viewing my 42nd birthday as a new beginning. I've lost a lot of weight in the last couple of months and I figure that's a great start to a new life. I change my body, I change my mindset, I change my life for the better. From now on, I'm going to do things that I want to do. If I have someone in my life, then it will be we will do what we want to do. In that case, we will decide as equals what we will do. Not just one or the other decides. We will decide. No more just sitting back and letting someone else decide for me. From now on, I take an active part in my life, instead of reactive.

Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment