Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 65: Back to the old workout...

Since my doctor has officially put the smackdown on my KM class I went back to my old workout routine. 35 on the tread and 25 resistance training. It actually felt better than doing the hardcore calisthenics in the KM class, especially since my knee didn't collapse doing it (actually happened during the calisthenics at the class). I just got up, dusted myself off and continued the calisthenics. None of that tonight, just a straight forward workout. I really enjoyed that simple workout.

I found a great motivational phrase on Status Shuffle today: "Out of despair, disappointment and pain comes determination, strength, focus, self love and drive." I can honestly say that is very true. After the despair, disappointment and pain of my loss, I threw myself into my weight loss program with determination, strength, focus and drive. Not so much the self-love, but I do know my love for another is strong and stays strong. It motivates me to push on, hoping that when I've reached my goal weight that maybe, just maybe I'll get a second chance. Not so much because of the change in my looks, but more of the change inside.

And a final thought on my moods. Most days, it's not an issue. Most days I'm level headed and capable of anything I set my mind to. Some days I get struck by terrible melancholy and those days I really feel like I'm spinning my wheels. Those days are when I ask for a sign, some guidance, something to give me hope. I ask for a sign of what I should do, hold on or let go. Oddly enough, something always happens to provide that sign. When it happened last time, a Facebook Friend who is also a reader opened a chat with me and asked how I was doing. For the record, I haven't had any conversations with her before this point beyond trading comments back and forth on facebook. I don't really know her from Adam, but she opened the conversation with me. As long as I know the name from somewhere, I will go ahead and chat or add as a friend. I told her that I was feeling a little melancholy. Well, she's read the blog back to the beginning and she knew what I was melancholy about and we chatted for a little while and then she says, "She'll come back to you." Again, out of the blue when I'm at a lowest point and asking for a sign. The Lord works in mysterious ways, the universe works in weird ways, but this was too coincedental for me. Someone heard me and answered my cry for help. All I have is faith on this one, but sometimes faith can do miraculous things if you let it. So right now, my hope is restored and my faith is strong.

Patience is definitely a virtue.

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment