Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 61: Early Saturday

Thank the Maker, the weekend is here. I have some running around to do this morning before my parents arrive for their visit and just a few minutes to get this Blog posted. Once they arrive, I'll be too busy for the rest of the day to get this taken care of properly and I probably won't be home until after midnight tonight, so it's best that I take care of this now.

This will be the first time my parents have really seen me since they left in January, and I can't wait to see their reaction to my weight loss. They hear about how I'm doing every week, but they will be seeing it live this morning. It should be good.

We'll be going out to the Red Rock Children's Discovery Trail this morning/afternoon. I decided that unless my daughter is feeling out of sorts, that's where we're going. Her mom will be going with us, so it should be a good little reunion. Her mom and I are friends now, but we've both acknowledged that friends is the best we can manage. Too many mistakes and screw ups over the years for us to be anything more than friends really and that's OK with both of us. Our primary concern is our daughter, and that's easier for us and her if we aren't fighting a running battle with each other.

So after the afternoon activities, we will likely head off to get dinner and then I'll head to my party later tonight. I've been looking forward to this all week, and it's going to be good to get out and have some more mature fun.

I am going to have to give some serious thought about the Krav Maga class. I loved the class, but it made doing my regular workouts very difficult this week because I was so drained and sore (yes, it finally hit after about 18 hours). My regular workouts to date have been doing me just fine for my weight loss. I'll just have to see how I do on Monday when I weigh in. If I'm not satisfied with the result, then I'm going to put the Krav Maga class on the back burner until I get below 300 pounds. I'll just have to see what happens and take it step by step.

Adios!




1 comment:

  1. Krav Maga is not for sissies! I'd love to sit in on a class. You'll figure out what works for you though.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete