Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 71: Back to the grind...

3 straight days of overtime. Sunday was voluntary, but they hit us with it as mandatory yesterday with no warning so I didn't feel like working out by the time I got home last night. Even Feral was saying "[FOXTROT] it!" I had some dinner and sat down and watched a couple of movies on Netflix. Today wasn't as bad since we were prepared for it, and we have more tomorrow. I figure for every 8 hours of overtime we have to pull, that's an extra 200.00 on my paycheck, so I'm not going to complain. As long as I have notice so I can get in early and I'm not stuck there for 2 hours past my shift, it's all ok.

So I got home at a reasonable time tonight and went to work out after I got my daughter settled at home. The workout felt really good tonight, probably relieving some of the stress from the overtime. Got back home and had a veggie burger, the ones that actually taste like a hamburger and it turns out Bobo can tolerate the soy protein just fine. That's good to know.

I took some new pictures yesterday and posted them to Facebook and got a few comments of how different I looked now, especially my face. One even told me how handsome I was becoming, and that made me feel very good. I've had women telling me that I was already cute, and now I'm working on the hot. Again, makes me feel very good.

I'm also getting more and more hope that things will work out the way I want them to when it's time and that it's just a matter of being patient. I still have a lot of changes ongoing and I know emotionally things will be...well... helter-skelter for a while. Better that I keep to myself for a while and let things work out at their own pace. It's not that I don't want the things right now, but what I want is a whole new beginning to see in a new light. I want it to be forever. The only way that happens is if there are changes.

Catch you on the flip side!

1 comment:

  1. I never get tired of compliments! they really make you feel good.

    ReplyDelete