Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 112: Monday weigh in and my doctor's appointment

So I got on the scale today and I'm down by one pound this week. I was hoping for more, but a one pound loss is still a loss so I'm good with that. Didn't get all my walking in today, but I'm not going to sweat it one way or the other. My work day started at 6 this morning so I could get to my doctor's appointment with my regular doctor. He got my lab results and sleep study results back and he thinks I can do without the sleep machine for now. Hallelujah. Now if my cholesterol would go down I could get off the damn Simcor once and for all. He's very pleased with my weight loss to date. I am too, come to think about it. My weight loss since surgery is 99 pounds and my overall weight loss is 126 pounds. I may have only lost 1 pound last week,but my body proportions have changed. My clothes are fitting differently and I know that I've lost inches, so I'm ok with everything as it is.

Without going into details, I'm going to offer a prayer for a friend now. I know it has nothing to do with my journey, but in this case, I'm making an exception.

O holy St. Anthony, gentlest of saints, your love for God and charity for His creatures made you worthy when on earth to possess miraculous powers.

Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety.

Encouraged by this thought I implore of you to obtain for my friend that which she seeks.

The answer to my prayer may require a miracle. Even so you are the Saint of Miracles.

O gentle and loving St. Anthony whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the sweet infant Jesus who loved to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment