Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 134: An iffy day...

Left for work this morning and forgot my protein shot, lunch didn't set well and I'm still short of my water intake by 30 ounces and I only have an hour or so to rectify that. I went to the gym, did 2 miles on the treadmill and my weight lifting, and I pushed until my muscle groups said "slow down, boss". Plus I did about a mile and a half during my walks at work.

On the bright side, I've noticed that my strength and speed are both increasing as I keep working out. Yet another NSV to track for me.

I got home, had some dinner and finished making up the Jello Protein shots for my friend who is getting her surgery on Thursday. About 26 shots, 13 each of orange and grape. The orange are higher in protein, the grape has electrolytes and protein the way I've formulated the shots. Each shot is 4 ounces, just the right size to start off with after surgery, and there's enough to last her a few days. I also picked up some additional protein shots for her, and broth and popsicles. Of the people that are closest to her, I'm the one of the few that has been through the surgery so I know first hand what she's going to be going through over the next few weeks. I just want to make this as easy as possible for her so she can focus just on recovery and healing.

Her preop is tomorrow and her mom just landed at the airport so I'm sure they are on their way home now. I have to finish my water , take my protein shot and my cholesterol meds and get to bed.

Min tian jian!

No comments:

Post a Comment