Friday, May 27, 2011

Day 137: After action report on the hospital visit

Woof. That was a long day, let me tell you. Originally, she was supposed the first patient in at 6am. That got moved to 10. They took her back to prep her at 1030 and we were allowed to see her once she was prepped. They didn't actually take her into surgery until almost 1pm. The surgeon came to see us just before 2 and she was fine, the surgery went just fine and she should be out of recovery in an hour to an hour and a half.

Two hours later we haven't heard anything and we're getting worried. No one has told us anything. Well, her son and I go to find a nursing station and find out what's going on. They tell us that she hasn't been released from recovery yet but she has been assigned a room and we would be able to see her shortly. Apparently, her blood pressure shot up in recovery and they had to stabilize her before they could release her. So we wait another 20 or so minutes and still nothing. I ask the nurse at the station again and she says she's in her room now and we could see her. We're a little perturbed at this, but we go to see her. She was pretty out of it, but I was expecting that.

About 530 or so her son and her mom head for the house and I sit and wait, since I promised I would. I help her with whatever she needs as she comes in and out of lucidity until her man shows up at 8pm. During one of the walks, she told me that she didn't want me to stay all night since I had to work today, so after her 8pm walk I head out and told her to call or have anyone call me if she needed me. That was one of the few things that would have gotten me to leave. Her asking me to do so. I don't think it was a matter so much of she didn't want me there so much as she didn't want me to be all worn out for work if it wasn't necessary.

She should be home now and I'll check with her in about an hour to see how she's doing.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment