Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 141: Contemplations on motivation.

You've all seen them. Little phrases that strike a chord in you and motivate you to push farther, work harder, do better. I decided that I would take one of those phrases and break it down to how it pertains in my life and why it does motivate me. Not every phrase will motivate every person, and I know they don't all motivate me. Some are just overdone, overexposed or just plain over. So without further ado...

"The will to conquer is the first condition of victory."

I heard this one when I started my Krav Maga classes (just 32 pounds until I can go back) and it really clicked with me. I see that will to conquer as the will I need to beat the things that lead to me being overweight in the first place. I have to eat right, get my water, take my vitamins, and work out regularly. As easy as it is to not work out, I have to conquer the desire to do nothing and get up and work out. It would be so easy to eat the slider foods, but my desire to lose my weight is stronger and my will there is strong. Getting the water...that's harder to conquer because when you're not thirsty, its a difficult motivation. But I'd rather drink all the water and avoid any more Kidney stones. My vitamins keep me healthy and that's keenly important to me. For me to be victorious in this pursuit, I have to conquer myself and my bad habits and cultivate new good habits.

I guess it comes down to one simple thing: If you're going to win at anything, you have to want it more than anything or more than anybody else wants it. And I want that goal weight almost as much as something else I want.

Hona sainara!

No comments:

Post a Comment