Saturday, May 21, 2011

Day 131: The end of the day...

Well, I guess whoever said the Rapture was coming was wrong. It's nearly midnight and nothing, nada, zip. Flipping doomsayers, getting people all worked up for a load of Bullshit.

On my side...I didn't get squat done today. I had plans to do things but I let myself get distracted by a video game. One of those storyline/rpg types that takes hours to complete. I played the game for 12 hours and still haven't finished it. I remembered to eat and get my protein and water in, but other than taking a shower this morning I didn't do anything. Tomorrow has to be different. I have things I have to get accomplished tomorrow, like laundry and grocery shopping and I'm going to make myself go to the gym come hell or high water before I do anything else.

Today was one of those days when I wish I had a significant other in my life to keep me from wasting time on video games. Well, I wish I had a significant other, period. I'm tired of being alone. I go out on dates, but there's always something that isn't just right. Either there's a good physical chemistry, but we have nothing else in common, or we have things in common but no physical chemistry. Or any of a half dozen other glitches in the whole thing like incompatible work and family schedules. I've only had one where the chemistry was there and there was some common ground where we had things we could share but still have enough differences so we wouldn't get bored. But that one's past and gone now, much to my everlasting regret. I hope that in the future things will change and we can try again, but it's not happening right now. And with her surgery right around the corner, I have to stop myself from even thinking about that. She needs me in her corner to help out for the next few weeks and be there to support her through all the changes she's going to be dealing with. I have to get my mindset to total selflessness to be able to do this for her. I promised her I would be there for her and I will not let myself let her down.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment