Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 133: Monday weigh-in

So I followed my normal Monday routine. Wake up, say my mantra, do the necessary and step on the scales. Only to find that my current body weight is now at 287 pounds. That's a 6 pound loss for the week, 106 pounds lost since surgery and 133 pounds lost overall. That felt really good to see after the weight gain last week. I have also pulled my measurements for the week as well:

Neck: 15 3/4"
Chest: 50"
Waist: 52"
Hips: 45"
Biceps: 16"
Thighs: 24"

Given that I did have a loss this week, I have to assume that with my neck measurement increasing and everything but my hips decreasing that my weight training is paying off.

In conjunction with the weight loss, my clothes shopping yesterday paid off in a big NSV for me. NSV means Non Scale Victory. Basically, a definitive measurement that shows weight loss without being affected by the number on the scale. I tried everything on before buying and I have gone down another shirt size to XLT and my slacks are now size 46 in the waist. All in all, that means I have lost 4 shirt sizes and 5 pants sizes. That is a huge NSV, loyal readers. If you are measuring purely on the numbers on the scale, stop doing that and look for your NSVs. They aren't as visible as the numbers on the scale, but they are just as important for morale. I even treated myself for that by buying myself some new MMA style Tshirts from some of my favorite vendors. 2 from Extreme Couture, 1 from Throwdown, 1 from Ranger Up! and 2 from Forged.

So track everything you do. Weight, measuremens, and your NSV's. It all adds up to success!

Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment