Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 138: Flippin' stores...

I went out to pick up some new jeans today, seeing as I'm down to a size 46 now. Three different stores and not one of them had the size I wanted in the cut I wanted. I'm preferential to the 514 slims, but the only jeans they had were relaxed fit or comfort fit. Argh. Even then, the price was high enough to make me realize that it's cheaper ordering the jeans online. I can order two pairs of Levi's directly from Levi for 100.00 and get free shipping. If I wanted 501's or 514's in "normal" sizes, i.e. 44 and below, no problem. I suppose in a month or so that's where I'll be, but right now it's frustrating. I figure I can wear my current pants size until I'm actually down to a size 40 and they are practically falling off my behind, but still...argh. I bought the 50s when I was 52 and they were fine for about two months.

I took my daughter and her mom to go see Kung Fu Panda 2 last night. While they were enjoying nachos, hot dogs and sodas, I was enjoying a frozen lemonade. Probably way too many carbs, but that's ok. The movie was very good. As good as the original. After the movie we got some Panda Express. I had the Beijing Beef with Chow Mein noodles. I ate about 5 pieces of the beef and a couple of forks of the noodles and then stopped. I was full and my stomach told me so. The sweet/spicy flavor of the beef was really good, better than I remember. I guess it's true that taste buds change after the surgery. I have to be careful with the spicy though, especially since I can't drink while eating.

I'm considering between going to the Revolver tonight or my Karaoke Bar. They will both cost about the same, but the Revolver is closer to me and in all honesty, I like the skimpy outfits the waitresses wear. I also think the female patrons in their various sexy western gear are very hot [growl]. If I go, I'm going to try to get there early enough to take a line dancing class.

See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment