Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 132: Accomplishments

Sunday morning. I woke up at 610 am and got myself started. I went to do my shopping at Walmart. I was done by 730 and home by 740 and put everything away. I had my protein shake and supplements and started a load of laundry. Then I went to work out. I did 35 minutes on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the weight training. Now I'm going to get a shower and go over to JCP to pick up some new slacks and other clothes for work. My slacks I'm wearing now are too big and when I cinch down the belt, at least an inch of fabric folds into itself. I never thought I would be this thrilled about having to buy new work clothes. But having to buy new clothes because they are too big works for me.

I went over my daily intakes in a previous blog, so I thought I would go over my gym routine today. My treadmill work is usually first. I use a hill profile, whatever my current weight is, at 3.5 miles per hour and level 3 or 4 depending on how I feel overall. If I'm feeling especially energetic I increase the time rather than anything else. Add in the 5 minute cooloff walk and I do 35 minutes at just under 2 miles and about 320 calories burned.

The weight routine varies a bit from day to day. The weight will change depending on how strong I feel and how difficult it gets to push the workout. Usually 30-40 pounds at either 3 sets of 15 or 4 sets of ten. The actual exercises vary from day to day as well. I always do leg extensions, but I vary the arm and body work a bit. On the arms, I will switch from lat pulldown to tricep pushdown to bicep curl from day to day. On the body I switch from bench press to incline press to shoulder press. So a workout routine for me will look like this:

30 +5 minutes treadmill
lat pulldowns with rest period of 1-2 minutes between sets
leg extensions with rest period of 1-2 minutes between sets
bench press with rest period of 1-2 minutes between sets

The next day will look like this:
30 +5 minutes treadmill
tricep pushdowns with rest period of 1-2 minutes between sets
leg extensions with rest period of 1-2 minutes between sets
incline press with rest period of 1-2 minutes between sets

It takes me anywhere from a minute to a minute and a half to do a set. I could do it faster, but the whole idea here is to work the body out, not set a speed record for pumping iron. By slowing down the reps, the muscles have to work harder and burn more calories.

So now I'm off to the shower and JCP.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment