Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 128: [FOXTROT]ing pain killers...

Well, I went all day without any painkillers and I've been pissing like a Russian Race Horse. It turns out that both lortab and ibuprofen can both cause water retention. Couple that with my increasing my water intake by 30 to 40 percent and I think I see why I gained a pound last week. My body was retaining water like crazy. Hopefully I'll lose the water weight gain this week.

Now that my rant is over, I'm going on about my friend who goes in for her sleeve next Thursday. She had to think long and hard, but she decided that she wants me to be there for her surgery. I think she wanted me there all along, but her man is going to be there and she knows I don't like him. Well, that's putting it mildly. But the day of surgery is going to be about her, not me, and not him. It's about her. I can play nice for that. If she wants me there, I'll play nice so I can be there for her. I figure if I can put my brain into neutral to deal with boring or unfun situations, I can put my knee-jerk reactions into lockdown for a day.

I know it's not directly about my weight loss, but she and I will be each other's support buddy for this journey. After she has her surgery, she will really understand what we go through with this surgery. And since I've already started my journey, I'll be better able to give her the support she will need. If you remember from yesterday how I talked about that one friend that you have in your life that you trust implicitly, that's what we are to each other. She trusts me and I trust her.

If you have someone like that in your life, keep them close. And remind them occasionally how much they mean to you.

Bonjour!

1 comment:

  1. Its great that you will be there to guide her through this. The first few weeks are really hard. She's very lucky to have you

    ReplyDelete