Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 126: What the f...?

Woke up this morning and said my mantra...didn't help. I gained a flippin' pound last week! AAARGH! You know, I've been prepping myself for this eventuality ever since I had the surgery, but it's still heartbreaking when it happens. I suppose I should be glad it was only a pound. Between the influx of meds this weekend and my lack of working out over the last few weeks this was bound to happen.

Ok, I'm just going to accept it and move on. Moping about it won't get the weight off me, but working out will help. This kind of thing happens to everybody going through the surgery and corresponding weight loss. The body at some point plateaus while it adjusts to lose more weight. So today I'm going to check my measurements and also track those, not just the weight loss.

Neck: 15 1/2 "
Chest: 52"
Waist: 54"
Hips: 45"
Biceps: 17"
Thighs: 25"

So those are my measurements as of this morning. I'm going to track this on a weekly basis,the same as my weight. You'll see that while I'm upset with the gain, I'm making an active effort to find a way past it and turn this minor negative result into something positive for my journey.

It's all good!

Joi gin!

No comments:

Post a Comment